1. First and foremost never leave a candle unattended.
2. Remove all plastic, cellophane and wrapping before lighting a candle.
2. Before burning a candle on a surface, ensure its heat resistant or place a heat resistant plate underneath.
3. ALWAYS keep wicks straight and trimmed to 5mm.
4. Make sure candles are out of direct sunlight.
5. The first time a candle is lit, ensure it is lit long enough to create a wide puddle of wax that spreads to the edges. Depending on the type of candle, the first burn should be at least an hour. This creates the memory of a candle and will determine its performance in the following burns. Simply, the longer you burn your candle the first time the better.
6. Keep candles away from flammable materials.
7. Remove any wick trimmings or other debris out of the wax pool.